First Impressions: In Forestone's first generation reed, the strength was harder than listed. This problem was fixed in their new version. I immediately noticed this when I tried their 2 1/2 strength reed and found it as hard as a 2 1/2 Vandoren Traditional. This is a great improvement as it better matches up with other strength reeds.
- Easily outlast your existing cane reeds
- Produce the sound of a cane reed
- These reeds are very free-blowing and make me feel like I'm playing a cane with the durability of a synthetic
- Overall, these reeds will pay for themselves with the amount of time they last
- Seems less buzzy than a Legere
- May take a while to get used to since it is synthetic
Rating: 5/5 stars
This product is the same great product as the original one with a better strength numbering system. It is less buzzy than other synthetics and lasts the same amount of time if not longer. If you want a great reed for a great price, check out the Forestone reeds.